CONTENTS OF ONS NEWSLETTER 162
Information on the Annual General Meeting 3 June 2000, the Cologne meeting
November 1999, the Fifth Arab-Byzantine Forum at ANS November 1999 and the
Seventh Century Syrian Numisatic Rolund Table 4 March 2000, London; new
publications, auction news. Book reviews.
- Stuart D. Sears: The American Numismatic Society in crisis.
- S. Bhandare & S. Heidemann: A die for imitation of Umayyad dinars found in
- M. Fedorov: On the attribution of the anonymous Chaghatayid coins iminted
in 726-7 AH
- M. Fedorov: A rare fals of AH 401 struck at Ilaq and new data about the
Dihqans of Ilaq.
- A Goodwin: Seventh century Islamic countermarks from Syria.
- K. Khromov: A rare Tartar-Genoese copper coin.
- V. Popp, D. Nauta & H. Wilski: Ottoman coins struck at the fortress of Dhi
Marmar in the Yemen.
- S.K. Kofopoulos & H. Wilski: A very large hoard of countermarked coins
- S. Bhandare: Numismatic vestiges of Shah Jahan's campaign in the Deccan.
- J. Lingen: So-called Paliakatten, VOC rupees 'struck' at the Coromandel
coast of India.
- R. Puddester: Catalogue of British India passes, tickets, checks and
tokens, part VIII
- Dr. N. Mahajan: Gold coins of the Hangal Kadamba ruler Shantivarma
(1075-1094 AD) in the name of the Western Chalukya ruler Jayasimha II
- G. Tan & Dr. Wu Xiankang: A review of the rare "Da Zhong" and "Hung Wu"
coins with the character "Jing" on the reverse.
W.L. Treadwell: The chronology of the pre-reform copper coinage of early