CONTENTS OF ONS NEWSLETTER 175
Review: The currency of Tibet, a Sourcebook for the Study of Tibetan Coins, Paper Money and other Forms of Currency, by Wolfgang Bertsch, reviewed by Nick Rhodes.
- Stefan Heidemann: "Gold fragments of the 11th century found in the citadel of Damascus"
- Alan S. DeShazo: "A correction and a re-assertion"
- Robert Tye: "Three interpretations of the Islamic 'silver famine/crisis'"
- Giuseppe Di Martino: "An unpublished denaro minted in Sicily"
- Wilfried Pieper: "Sogdian gold bracteates - documents of the cultural exchange along the ancient Silk-road"
- Robert Senior: "More unpublished Indo-Greek coins"
- Shailendra Bhandare: "Kings, commanders and a minister at Erich"
- Stan Goron: "More additions to Coins of the Indian Sultanates"
- Noman Nasir: "A surprising date of Sultan Fakhr al-Din Mubarak of Bengal"
- Stan Goron & M. Riaz Babar: "Jahangir's gold tanka of Cambay"
- Shailendra Bhandare: "A pawn in politics: the first reign of Muhammad Akbar"
- Satya Bhupatiraju: "Lead coins of the Tanjore Marathas"
- Vincent West: "The Aksumite coins in the Fitzwilliam Museum, Cambridge"
Supplement by Michael Fedorov:
"Monay circulation in early-mediaeval Sogd (6th - first half of 8th century AD)"